Last night I made 60 oz.s of limoncello! And I'm going to make more this weekend! It takes at least a month to stew, so I started early... I'm planning on giving bottles of it as Christmas gifts. Basically you scrape the zest of 20 lemons into a giant jar and add 1.75 liters of the cheapest vodka you can find. Then after 2 weeks, add simple syrup (sugar disolved in hot water) and let it sit for 2 more weeks. And... presto! I found some cheapy bottles and i'll decorate them with some yellow ribbon and a cute label. Hooray for Homemade Christmas 2008!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Limoncello!
Last night I made 60 oz.s of limoncello! And I'm going to make more this weekend! It takes at least a month to stew, so I started early... I'm planning on giving bottles of it as Christmas gifts. Basically you scrape the zest of 20 lemons into a giant jar and add 1.75 liters of the cheapest vodka you can find. Then after 2 weeks, add simple syrup (sugar disolved in hot water) and let it sit for 2 more weeks. And... presto! I found some cheapy bottles and i'll decorate them with some yellow ribbon and a cute label. Hooray for Homemade Christmas 2008!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment