Thursday, August 21, 2008

Holga and Diana+

Josh and I got these cameras for each other last year for christmas and have since taken some pretty sweet pics with them. They shoot on medium format film and are basically just plastic boxes, no batteries or anything. We got each other the White Stripes editions, so mine, the diana+ is called Meg and his, the Holga, is called Jack. Here's pics of the cameras from the Lomography website:

I love my Diana+ and try to take it with me everywhere I go. My first few rolls were kind of shaky, so i bought a Gorrilla Pod tripod that i keep attached to it all the time, so the pictures aren't so blurry. The Holga has a flash option, so you can tell which ones are Holga and which are Diana+. Here are some cool pics that we've taken so far. We cross process them when we develop them so the colors get really beautiful and fun.
These piccys were taken in Friday Harbor, off the coast of Washington State. We had just hiked to Deadman's Cove or something like that, it was so beautiful! I love the grainyness of the picture on the top and how if it weren't for josh's plaid, you may not be able to spot him. Its very dreamlike.
This picture is from Valentine's Day, when we were flying Kites at Shaffer Park. I think it looks super 1950's esp. b/c I am wearing Josh's raybans. This is one of my favorite pictures of me ever. It's taken on 3200 speed film, so it turns out especially grainy. Perhaps too grainy?




These ones are from our trip to Andy's cabin in the Sierras. Actually, I think these were taken on our way back home, so they are somewhere in central CA, I'm not too sure. But I just love the way the color came out on these. You can see the tripod I was talking about earlier in the picture of me on the top. I dont know exactly, but I like to pretend that the picture I'm getting ready to take on the top is the picture that came out on the bottom. I know they were both taken at the same time. The picture on the bottom is quite possibly the best picture I've ever taken in my life. I just really really love it. Joshua Trees are my fave b/c they have such amazing character to them. Doesn't it look like a 100 year old portrait? It just takes my breath away and really excites me.

No comments: